Kinyara Co-generation Plant Expansion in Uganda
Region: Western Region, Uganda
Client: Kinyara Sugar Limited
Kinyara Sugar Limited contracted Proess to carry out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the proposed expansion of the proposed 45MW Kinyara Co-generation Plant.
Proess prepared an EIA for the proposed 45MW Kinyara Co-generation Plant in compliance with the World Bank Operational Policies.
- Identifying all potential significant adverse environmental and social impacts, of the project and recommend measures for mitigation.
- Establishing baseline information on both natural and built environment including socio-economic conditions of the proposed project area.
- Identifying, predicting and evaluating foreseeable impacts, both beneficial and adverse, of the proposed investment.
- Developing mitigation measures that aim at eliminating or minimizing the potential negative impacts and promote positive ones.
- Developing an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for reference during project implementation.
- Stakeholder mapping and consultations.
Reference Sheet Download: Kinyara Sugar Factory